Engaged Learning in Anthropology Scholarship Info
You are here
Call for Proposals
Engaged Learning in Anthropology Scholarship
The Department of Anthropology is pleased to announce the competition for our new Engaged Learning in Anthropology Scholarships. These awards are designed to support students who seek training in anthropological techniques or want to participate in an anthropologically engaged learning opportunity.
Three scholarships of $2500 will be awarded for use in 2018.
Eligible engaged learning opportunities include:
- Ethnographic or Archaeological field schools
- Cornell affiliated intersession, semester, or summer experiences
- Other approved engaged learning programs
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- Anthropology Majors or Minors, with preference for majors;
- Full time students at Cornell University at both the time of application and the proposed use of the funds;
- Sophomores, Juniors or Seniors at the time of application;
- In good academic standing, with a GPA of 3.0 or better
Application Directions are below. The application packet must include:
· A 2-3 page (double-spaced) proposal that addresses the following:
- The nature of the engaged research program and the student’s rationale for pursuing it
- A budget, including a brief narrative description of how the scholarship funds will be used
· A copy of the applicant's most recent transcript, along with a short statement about career objectives
Deadline: November 10, 2017. Award recipients will be notified on or before December 1, 2017.
To be eligible for consideration, all supporting documents must be complete and submitted by the deadline to: Margaret Rolfe (firstname.lastname@example.org) Department of Anthropology *261 McGraw Hall* 255- 5137. For more information, contact Prof. Paul Nadasdy (email@example.com), the Director of Undergraduate Affairs.