Engaged Learning in Anthropology Scholarship Info
You are here
The Department of Anthropology is pleased to announce the competition for our new Engaged Learning in Anthropology Scholarships. These awards are designed to support students who seek training in anthropological techniques or want to participate in an anthropologically engaged learning opportunity.
Scholarships of up to $2500 each will be awarded for use in 2020.
Eligible engaged learning opportunities include:
- Ethnographic or Archaeological field schools
- Cornell affiliated intersession, semester, or summer experiences
- Other approved engaged learning programs.
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- Cornell students, with preference for Anthropology Majors and Minors;
- Full time students at Cornell University at both the time of application and the proposed use of the funds;
- Sophomores, Juniors, or Seniors at the time of application;
- In good academic standing, with a GPA of 3.0 or better.
Preference will be given to students spending three or more weeks on the engaged learning project.
The application packet must include:
· The application form, available from Margaret Rolfe (firstname.lastname@example.org)
· A 2-3 page (double-spaced) proposal that addresses the following:
- The nature and purpose of the engaged learning program
- The project’s relevance to your scholarly and career objectives
- How you prepared for the engaged learning project (which Anthropology and other relevant courses have you taken, such as anthropological methods, topical, or area study courses?)
- Any relevant language skills
- A budget, including a brief narrative description of how the scholarship funds will be used
· A copy of your most recent transcript
· A letter of support from a faculty member familiar with you and the project and who has agreed to serve as an advisor during the course of the research
Deadline: November 1, 2019. Award recipients will be notified on or before December 3, 2019.
To be eligible for consideration, all supporting documents must be complete and submitted by email or in hard copy by the deadline to email@example.com, Department of Anthropology *261 McGraw Hall* 255- 5137.
Contact Margaret Rolfe for logistical questions regarding the submission. For other information, contact Prof. Adam Arcadi (firstname.lastname@example.org), the Director of Undergraduate Study.